Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic

Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic
Wearing a heavy coat indoors? It's Cleveland, folks. Of course we do!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Femming Up" the Men's Room



Early this morning, before the staff arrived, I placed a small vase of orange zinnias on the counter in the Radio Ranch men's room. I'm waiting for the guys to complain that I'm femming up their lavatory.

These zinnias were photographed this morning in the office kitchen. Earlier in the summer, the orange and magenta zinnias prevailed. Now the pink-hued flowers bloom in profusion. Faded sunflowers are forming seed heads, tomato plants are spent, and basil leaves are smaller and narrower as the herb sets seeds.

Since WCLV will be moving downtown to a plant-less office, this is the last summer I'll be tending the garden. I'll dig up the snowdrop and squill bulbs from under the trees and plant them at home. Ditto with lily-of-the-valley, chives and sea pinks. I may take some mint home, where I can keep it properly restrained in a pot.

I don't normally photograph with a flash or in the dark, but in this case, the colors were much truer than the result using available light.

2 comments:

  1. And poor El Rodento will be wondering next summer "Hey, who closed down my restaurant?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next summer poor "El Rodento" will have to make good with nuts and berries, the thief.

    ReplyDelete