Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic

Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic
Wearing a heavy coat indoors? It's Cleveland, folks. Of course we do!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

La Vie en Rose



This rose turned out to be a bit blurry, but some days, I am too.

Thunderstorms in Cleveland are turning gardens into rainforests. Tomatoes that were seedlings last week are now outgrowing their pots.

The Radio Ranch garden at WCLV teems with mint, grasses, wildflowers, and new this year, Sea Pinks. While driving near the radio station recently, I saw a yard in which masses of tiny, brilliant pink short-stemmed flowers were growing. I stopped and asked the owner what kind of flowers they were. She said they were "sea pinks," a perennial, and would I like some? She sent me off with a potful, which are now establishing themselves among the chives and pineapple mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment