Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic

Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic
Wearing a heavy coat indoors? It's Cleveland, folks. Of course we do!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Ballet Police

Traffic information is fed to us via internet. I try to add a little creativity to this dry info. When cars spin out, I sometimes say "a car did a '360'" or I use a dance term.

Yesterday, a ballet maven in the WCLV audience took exception to my use of the word "pirouette" in a traffic report.

She pointed out that a pirouette was not a moving step, that it was stationary.

Fair enough, I said, but do you think most of the audience will know the difference?

"We ballet people from New York do," she said triumphantly.

"That's why we look up to you," I replied.

2 comments:

  1. Then you should be very careful if you ever do a traffic report for New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep listening -- you'll eventually hear the "beatnik" traffic reports. I doubt you'll ever hear those in NYC.

    ReplyDelete