Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic

Custodian of the Tiara of Traffic
Wearing a heavy coat indoors? It's Cleveland, folks. Of course we do!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Can You Say "Oy?"


Yesterday's beautiful blue skies created a perfect day at the ball park. That is, until the ninth inning, when the Tribe gave up a perfectly lovely lead, losing to the Toronto Blue Jays 5-4.

Elizabeth Rhodes, former traffic reporter on WCLV's "First Program" and my partner in crime on the 2008 WCLV Alaska cruise, joined me in cutting a wide swath through the refreshment stands on a day when you got $10 of free food for each ticket. In real purchasing power, this meant a hot dog and/or peanuts and a soft drink, unless you had beer, which was $7.75. Oy.

3 comments:

  1. Is the posting of the photo backwards a subtle indication that it's the direction the Indians are going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, the photo isn't posted backwards. Spooky, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap. I was looking at it the wrong way, I would have to picture myself as a "fan" being seated in the stands [or maybe one fleeing in disgust as they blow another ball game] to see that it is correct. Or maybe I just need to get my eyes checked again.

    ReplyDelete